Writing Artist Statement

Weather:
Giddy drizzly breeze...

Goal:
Writing artist statement!

Today's Quote:
"A picture is a poem without words." - Horace


Being honest here!
I love math, but I am not a mathematician.
I love music, but I am not a singer.
I love writing, but I am not a writer.
I write poorly.
Real Short. Simple. Straightforward.

If I had to write an artist statement in one sentence, I would write "It's my expression of life". End of the writing. My works, my life. It's a visual work, do people read that lengthy words?

While I tried to write an extensive explanation, I failed to be me. It was lengthy and superficial.
Checking all artists statements out there, they are really good and artistic with those beautiful words.

Gosh! Doesn't it hard to write one? It's HARD! The whole day, I just kept rewriting. Maybe, I'll continue tomorrow. Okay, I will rewrite perhaps everyday.

After reading some examples, I just opened up my sketch book and be honest with myself. It's more natural to write from the bottom of your heart! It ended up quite short with a little bit of flowery words. Quiet happy about it. :)

While browsing some guides, I came across this funny artists statements, which are true! And this generator!
Hope they can help you guys in writing one. Good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment